Summer Time Smoothie!

Hello everyone!

If you live in the UK at the moment you'll be experiencing this lovely heat wave we're having! Keeping hydrated in the sun is one of the most important things as your body needs fluids to keep you feeling good, your skin hydrated and it will keep you from feeling dizzy and ill. I drink a lot of water myself, but sometimes it's nice to mix it up a bit and have something else, like a fresh homemade smoothie!

The smoothie I made today is a banana, strawberry and blueberry mixture, and for someone who doesn't like blueberries or bananas, it tastes great!

What you will need for this recipe is:

A blender
A handful of strawberries 
A handful of blueberries 
Half a banana
A cup of ice
Fresh fruit juice (optional)

 The blender I'm using for this smoothie is the Prolex 17 piece blender, it also acts a juicer and a vegetable dicer. I picked it up from BnM's for just £20! Which for a blender is so cheap! Argos also sell some cheap blenders if you're new to making smoothies, but don't feel as if you have to splash out on a NutriBullet for example, as they all do the same job!

First thing you want to do is thoroughly wash your strawberries and blueberries, I also chop the stems off of the strawberries but you don't have to as they do contain some healthy nutrients, just make sure that they're washed!

After washing your fruit you can add that to your cup so it's out of your way and ready for the blender. Next I add half of my banana into my cup along with my ice.  Finally I add a splash of fresh fruit juice as it makes the smoothie not as thick.


And finally, it's time to blend your fruit!


I blend my smoothie on and off for a minute just to make sure that the ice is fully chopped up and the fruit is all blended up!

Finally, all you have to do is serve your smoothie into your choice of cup. As it's summer time, and I like to be in the summer mood as much as possible I enjoy to have mine in my Kilner Jars.



And voila! A fresh homemade smoothie made in under ten minutes.

Will you be trying this smoothie this summer? Do you have any recipes that I could try?
Let me know in the comments below!


No comments :

Powered by Blogger.